Today is the last day that I have that pesky bottom wisdom tooth. I've spent the last few days on a hen day, stuffing myself with junk food and alcohol so I feel pretty fattened up and ready for the removal. I've loaded up on Ibuprofen and have weaselled in my step-mum to look after me and feed me soap. Here's how tomorrow should pan out…
11:15 – Meet my step-mum at the hospital (I'm training it and she's driving) and check in together (you had to arrive with the person who will be caring for you, otherwise you can't have the procedure.
11:30 – My appointment time (although I'm counting on there being a waiting time, let's just imagine that it all starts on time!) I will be given IV sedation, which is good for nervous patients. Apparently you are awake during the procedure but are really sleepy and out of it, and the sedation stops you forming memories so you remember nothing about it all.
12:30 – The appointment should only last an hour (so I'm told). My step-mum will have to wait for the procedure to finish and then drive me back to hers, where she can wait on me.
I'm hoping that I will be able to sleep for most of Wednesday, and will be staying at my step-mum/dad's place until I feel ok to head back to mine (my boyfriend has started a new job this week, so unfortunately can't take any time off to look after me. He's gutted as he wanted to film me under the effects of the sedation!). I'm planning on lots of pain killers, soft foods, PJs and netflix!
No comments:
Post a Comment